Visiting Japan (VISA)
FOR INQUIRIES, PLEASE email HERE or call at +97317711313
JAPAN VISA INFORMATION HOTLINE 80006490
The Required Documents For Obtaining A Visa
Revised in Nov 4, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE : Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border TravelApplication for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel
Foreign nationals/people who are willing to enter Japan through “Residence Track” or “Business Track” of trial measures need a visa newly issued by Embassies or Consulates or Consular Office of Japan (for Taiwan, Taipei Kaohsiung offices of Japan-Taiwan Exchange Association) (hereinafter referred to as “Japan’s overseas establishments”) in the country/region.
(Note) Please see this page for foreign nationals/people who departed from Japan with re-entry permit intend to re-enter Japan. From 1st November 2020, all foreign nationals with the status of residence with a valid re-entry permit, are not required to obtain “the Letter of Confirmation of Submitting Required Documentation for Re-entry into Japan” or “Receipt for Request of Re-entry” when re-entering Japan from countries/regions designated as an area subject to denial of permission to enter Japan. Please be noted that the certificate of negative test result of pre-entry testing conducted within 72 hours of the departure time of the flight (hereinafter referred to as “certificate of negative test result”) is still needed when re-entering from countries/regions designated as an area subject to denial of permission to enter Japan.
- Upon implementation of this trial measure, the validity of already issued visa which is currently suspended will not be reinstated. If a new visa is issued under this measure, the already issued visa will expire.
- Those who wish to newly enter Japan using these measures or based on the decision on September 25, 2020, need to apply for a visa even if the Visa Exemption Arrangements are in effect between their country of nationality and Japan (Except the case that Diplomatic and Official visas are exempted by the visa exemption measures for those visiting for diplomatic and official purpose).
Certificate of COVID-19 test (Countries and regions designated as an area subject to denial of permission for entry
Travelers arriving at Japan under these measures are required to present the visa and submit a negative COVID-19 test result (original or copy) conducted within 72 hours of the departure time to an immigration officer. Please see this page for further information about the format of the negative COVID-19 test result.
When travelers are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result by airline staff at the port of departure, please follow the instruction.
(Note) Please refer to the links below to check on some additional documents and procedures required.
Applicants with the purpose of entry listed on (a) or (b) are entitled to join the Track:
(a) Short-term stay for business
- (i) Visa application form (with photo attached)
- (ii) Passport
- (iii) Certificate of Employment of the applicant
- (iv) Invitation letter (PDF)
- (v) Letter of guarantee (PDF)
- (vi) Written pledge (PDF) (2 copies) (Residence Track) [Note 1]
(b) Mid to Long term stay
- Based on the decision on September 25, 2020, all types of the status of residence, provided the applicant has the Certificate of Eligibility, are applicable for the new entry to Japan (Those who are entering Japan for “Diplomatic” or “Official” purpose do not need to follow the procedures for “Residence Track”) [Note 2]
- (i) Visa application form (with photo attached)
- (ii) Passport
- (iii) Certificate of Eligibility [Note 3]
- (iv) Written pledge (PDF) (2 copies) (Residence Track) [Note 1]
[Note 2] “Professor”, “Artist”, “Religious Activities”, “Journalist”, “Highly-Skilled Professional”, “Business Manager”, “Legal/ Accounting Services”, “Medical Services”, “Researcher”, “Instructor”, “Engineer/ Specialist in Humanities/ International Services”, “Intra-company Transferee”, “Nursing Care”, “Entertainer”, “Skilled Labor”, “Specified Skilled Worker”, “Technical Intern Training”, “Cultural Activities”, “Student”, “Trainee”, “Dependent”, “Designated Activities”, “Long Term Resident” are applicable. Those who are considered as “Spouse or Child of Japanese National” or “Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident” don’t need to present the written pledge for application for visa, provided that they present their Certificate of Eligibility or full copy of the family register, etc.
[Note 3] Not required for applicants with some categories of “Designated Activities” such as EPA nurse candidates, etc. If you apply presenting the Certificate of Eligibility that has expired and has been issued on or after October 1, 2019, you must present a document that states that the Japanese host organization will “continue to follow the activities at the time of application for the Certificate of Eligibility”.
Revised in Nov 4, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE : Visa Restrictions and Entry BanBorder enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Denial of permission to entry
Foreign nationals who have stayed in Bahrain within 14 days prior to the application for landing:
Note that foreigners (from the countries and regions where the entry bans do not apply) are not denied to enter Japan when they arrive in Japan via Bahrain for refueling or transit purpose. Those who entered Bahrain will, however, be subject to the entry ban.
(1) All nationals arriving from Bahrain within 14 days prior to their application for landing into Japan are subject to conducting of COVID-19 tests for the time being
(2) All nationals arriving from all regions are called upon to wait 14 days at a location designated by the quarantine station chief and to refrain from using public transportation for the time being
For further information, please see the following website (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare)Suspension of visa validity
Validity of visas listed below are suspended for the time being
Single and multiple-entry visas issued by March 27th, 2020 by Japanese Embassy in Bahrain
8:00-13:00 (8:30-12:30 in Ramadan) FOR VISA APPLICATION / AUTHENTICATION
8:00-14:00 (8:30-13:30 in Ramadan) FOR THE RECEIPT OF VISA
For ALL APPLICANTS
1.APPLICATION FORM filled properly with ONE PHOTO attached (please do not use staples)Download available from here
2. PASSPORT and its COPY.
3. (Only for NON-BAHRAINI applicants) Copies of RESIDENCE PERMIT and CPR.
4. ORIGINAL GUARANTEE LETTER from the employer in Bahrain, signed and sealed, stating the below;
(4) Contract Period
(5) That the applicant will return to Bahrain after visiting Japan.
(6) That the applicant will fully observe the Japanese laws while staying in Japan.
*In case of Self- Employee, a COMMERCIAL REGISTRATION is ALSO required.
*In case Retired, a CERTIFICATE FROM SOCIAL INSURANCE ORGANIZATION is required.
*In case of Student, following documents are required:
(1) Copy of a student card or a certificate from school which shows that you are attending the school
(2) Guarantee letter from a parent or a guardian who is working. Download available from here
(3) Passport copy of the parent or a guardian
(4) Employment Certificate of the parent or a guardian
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE
(1) ORIGINAL GUARANTEE & INVITATION LETTER from Japan.
(including company brochure, CR, full contact details, meeting schedule, etc.)
(2) Hotel Booking (reservation details, address, telephone number)
(3) Flight Booking
(1) Hotel Booking (reservation details, address, telephone number)
(2) Flight Booking
(3) Travel Plan (dates and places of visit) Download available from here
(4) 6 Months Bank Statement (until end of the month prior to the application)*
For VISITING RELATIVES;
(1) Flight Booking
(2) Travel Plan (dates and places of visit) Download available from here
(3) 6 Months Bank Statement (until end of the month prior to the application)*
(4) Documents to prove kinship
-Visiting relatives---Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, Certified copy of the family register, etc.
-Visiting Aquaintances/friends---Photos, Letters, E-mails. Bills for international phone calls, etc.
(5) FROM JAPAN; ( from the person staying in Japan)
(A) ORIGINAL GUARANTEE LETTER
(B) ORIGINAL INVITATION LETTER
(C) Tax Certificate**
(D) Copy of Passport
(E) Residence Certificate ("Jyuminhyo" in Japanese)
(F) Work Certificate
(G) Residence card (both sides)
* Alternatively, a certificate of income issued by a public agency or certificate of deposit balance is also acceptable.
** Alternatively, a certificate of income or a certificate of deposit balance is also acceptable.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR VISA FEES
IMPORTANT NOTICES TO ALL VISA APPLICANTS:
(1) In addition to the above documents you might be requested to submit extra documents when it is necessary, although this does not guarantee the grant of your visa.
(2) It takes at least 3 to 5 working days to process the visa (in certain cases, a week or more) after submitting the application. Please note that for Chinese nationals, the process can take up to 1 month.
(3) For nationals of Russia, CIS, and Georgia, visa application documents are different. Please contact us for more details.
(4) The acceptance of application does not automatically mean the grant of your visa.
(5) The possession of visa does not entitle the bearer to enter Japan on arrival at port, if he/she is inadmissible.